Standards Tagging and Mastery Based Grading Release Notes
Areas of Converge Affected
Course Navigation, Add Activity, Grade Mastery View, and Quiz Creation
Affected User Roles
Administrator, Instructor, and Student
Affects User Interface
Yes, Course Navigation menu has changed.
Standards Tagging and Mastery Based Grading features, including a Mastery Gradebook, have been added to Converge Learning Management System.
These feature additions will allow instructors to attach a given set of curriculum standards to entire courses, assignments, assessments, and specific questions within an assessment. Multiple sets of standards can be identified and used simultaneously within the course and activities. When identifying standards, administrators can also establish a 2, 3 or 4 point mastery scale that will be used across the instance to determine student performance levels. Performance will, in turn, be visually displayed in the Mastery Gradebook. The color-coded Mastery Gradebook will display standards mastery in a block table format, with unique colors indicating the level of mastery achieved.
Affected User Roles and Behaviors
- Administrators can establish a 2, 3 or 4 point mastery scale for the entire instance.
- Administrators can establish Learning Plan Templates to streamline standards tagging by subject.
- Instructors can attach curriculum standards to courses through the Course Navigation menu.
- Instructors can attach curriculum standards to assessments and activities.
- Instructors can attach curriculum standards to questions within an assessment.
- Instructors have a Mastery Gradebook in which to follow student progress as they master curriculum standards.
- Students can monitor their own mastery progress through the Mastery Gradebook tab.
Additional Improvements & Fixes
- Instructors and administrators have the ability to enroll students into courses from the student’s profile page.
- “Graduation Date” has been added as a field in the user profile to assist with overall record management. This will allow administrators to set rules for removing students who have graduated from their system.
- Activity icons have been updated.